Sunday, October 12, 2008

So much for birthday wishes...


Yesterday was my real birthday, and as it happened to be, a Sunday. I was playing monkey in the middle, but I had to run out and chase after a runaway football. I picked it up and sent it flying back towards the circle, a brilliant display of my, um, incredible football prowess. On my way back to the game, I stopped, spying a perfectly, spherical dandelion. I carefully plucked it from the ground, and contemplating dreamy, birthday thoughts, (Here I am, another year older... Do I feel any different?) I gazed at my sweet dandelion, and raised it to eye level, preparing to blow, to blow and make my wonderful birthday wishes...

And then, something whizzed towards me, colliding with my wishing flower, and poof, I stood, amidst clouds of dandelion seeds, horrified. I heard a dull thud, and I witnessed a football bouncing away from me. My birthday, spoiled by a football.

No, not really, we got a good laugh out of it.

4 COMMENTS:

Keilah said...

That was really funny! I couldn't breath when it happened. Your face was so funny!

Gabby said...

I wish i was there to see it. You told me about it on the phone.Oh and happy birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Anna said...
well howdy Sophia! i am Terribly sorry it took me so long to get onto your blog. I can not wait to see you on the 24th! I have the most AMAZING birthday present for your birthday. And I am sorry this has nothing to do with your "birthdy wish" lots of love to you, Anna

The Reluctant Dragon said...

My dear molly, I hope you are enjoying your Christmas present!