Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A laugh for all you NaNoWriMo-ers:

Here is a hilarious, indispensible quote from William Somerset Maugham:
(It made me burst out in giggles, [yes, giggles mind you] when I first read it)

There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.

Is that hysterically, tragically true? Boy, do I know it. I am in the process of creating a villain (not for NaNo, for school!) and I have decided to make him as interesting as the main character. Huh. Easier said than done.

Anyway, here's some inspiration for you writers:







I am convinced that most bloggers decrease posting by half in November, if they are doing NaNo. Not that I blame them or anything.

Here's to NaNo-ers! Best wishes to you and have fun writing. I hope your eye's don't dry out from staring at the computer screen!

5 COMMENTS:

Cassie said...

That quote was so perfect!

Thanks for the encouragement!

Blessings,
Cassie
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/520650

Saerwen said...

*grins* I liked the Zits comics. =D

God Bless You And Your Family,
Saerwen

Siminy said...

Hehe, that quote was so giggle worthy! Still giggling...

lady greenleaf said...

"Dark Waltz" recently became one of my favorite songs, so it was a treat to find it here in addition to all the hilarity. :)

And that quote is awesome. *grin*

Jare and Lib said...

" I hope your eye's don't dry out from staring at the computer screen!"
Which is why I hope to write mainly in a comp book! 3 cheers for comp notebooks!

I love the quote!!
and the songs, though I'm surprised that I like a song titled Kissing in the Rain. So not like me! =P

-Libby Lo