Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A laugh for all you NaNoWriMo-ers:

Here is a hilarious, indispensible quote from William Somerset Maugham:
(It made me burst out in giggles, [yes, giggles mind you] when I first read it)

There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.

Is that hysterically, tragically true? Boy, do I know it. I am in the process of creating a villain (not for NaNo, for school!) and I have decided to make him as interesting as the main character. Huh. Easier said than done.

Anyway, here's some inspiration for you writers:







I am convinced that most bloggers decrease posting by half in November, if they are doing NaNo. Not that I blame them or anything.

Here's to NaNo-ers! Best wishes to you and have fun writing. I hope your eye's don't dry out from staring at the computer screen!

5 COMMENTS:

Cassandra said...

That quote was so perfect!

Thanks for the encouragement!

Blessings,
Cassie
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/520650

Anonymous said...

*grins* I liked the Zits comics. =D

God Bless You And Your Family,
Saerwen

Cinnamey said...

Hehe, that quote was so giggle worthy! Still giggling...

j said...

"Dark Waltz" recently became one of my favorite songs, so it was a treat to find it here in addition to all the hilarity. :)

And that quote is awesome. *grin*

Jare said...

" I hope your eye's don't dry out from staring at the computer screen!"
Which is why I hope to write mainly in a comp book! 3 cheers for comp notebooks!

I love the quote!!
and the songs, though I'm surprised that I like a song titled Kissing in the Rain. So not like me! =P

-Libby Lo