Sunday, November 8, 2009

Good Morning!

Last night I awoke from Deep and Relaxing Sleep. In, fact, I was rather pleased with myself at having got up some fifteen minutes or so before the old alarm sounded the cry. Now, self-satisfaction is hardly ever an acceptable emotion, but it is capital motivation when it comes to getting up early.

There's nothing like sitting around with a group of kids at some function or another and after listening to so-and-so say, "I got up at 6:00" and after hearing what's-his-name say, "I got up at 5:45," have the ability to announce, "Well! I've been up since 4:00!"

Of course, the triumph is a small reward for having to get up at four.

Anyway, on this particular instance, I got up, yawned, stretched and what-not. I jumped out of my pjs and into a pair of clean clothes. I walked to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, and washed my face.


Why is this the least bit interesting? Read on.

While scrubbing away at the pearly whites, I glanced out the window at the dark horizon. It was a very literal dark horizon. Odd. It's usually lighter than this at 6:30. However, I brushed the thought away with recollections of the recent daylight savings.

Then I noticed that my entire family was already up. And it's not exactly common for my siblings to be up at 6:30, especially if it's dark.

Then, I noticed that the dinner dishes were still on the table.

Then, I noticed that my dear mother and father weren't back yet from the dinner they had gone to the night before.


Then, I noticed it was still yesterday. I don't think I'll ever take another nap. They are way too confusing.

Yeah, I think I'll step right in the shoes of Einstein.

7 COMMENTS:

Jare said...

Wow, I think thats happened to me...but you tell it in a better way. Naps are confusing! Way to much so, but I still can be caught in one every once in a while. =)

Get BETTER SOON! I miss you!

Anonymous said...

LOL!! That is funny. =D I have never had that happen to me before. =D

God Bless You And Your Family,
Saerwen

Bekah said...

*bangs head against keyboard in hilarity*
Haha!!!! :) That is HILARIOUS. ^^
I was like, "What? What? WHAT?" as the "Then, I noticed..."s progressed, and then I was like "OH!!! I get it." *laughs*

Bekah

hi said...

Hi! Just wanted to let you know that now that you were voted "the best of" the event, I have a "brag banner" for you to use on your site. :) If you want to send me a line at amandabethboutique@gmail.com I will pass it along. Congratulations and thanks for participating! :)

Kendra Logan said...

Haha, that's funny! My dad said he did that when he was little.

~Kendra

Click said...

Brilliant! You can write, for sure.

I have actually done the same thing, so I fully sympathize. How confusing - and then embarrassing - it is.

Kimberly said...

Oh my goodness, that's hysterical! I've been in a similar situation. I agree... naps are way too confusing! Thus, you know I'm sick (or going to be) if I ever take one. ;)

Thanks for the laugh. :)
~Tea