Friday, August 28, 2009

The Highlands, Sylwyness, and Photos Galore

How do you really spell Sylwyness? Is it really a word? In the (2) lessons of latin I studied, we had to repeat, "Sylwa, Sylwae, Forest, Forest" over and over and over again.

Anyway, here are Bracie and I holding our new, insanely awesome, Scottish DIRKS!!!
Bracie is looking very lovely and Elvish.


And what could be more awesome than running with your cloak flying in the wind? By the way, green cloaks are excellent for camouflage, but it makes them difficult to photograph. =D

Dewey leaves seem to occur frequently in photography, and I felt the need to try my hand at it. Sargeant, my dog, nearly destroyed the leaf by licking it, stepping on it or eating it, about seventeen times.




This one is Bracie's:




Mine:

Aren't they awesome! I am spilling over with delight! They were gifts from my grandmother, who went to Scotland recently. They came unsharpened, but took them to a professional sharpener. We get them back next Thursday.



As you can see from the vast amounts of pictures I am posting, I am quite obsessed with my dirk.

I need some knee socks to slip it into for Easy Transportation. =D (That's one of the traditional ways of wearing them)



Grandma also gave Bracie and I each a beret. I really, really wish I had Scottish heritage.

Once, when I was talking to Bracie and my little brother Giles was listening, I said,
"Oh, I really want a Scottish Dirk!"
Giles piped up, "Why not have a nice Scotsman? I think you'd have a happier life."
"What???" I was confused.
"You said you wanted a Scottish Jerk!!!" he cried.
"No, Giles, a Scottish Dirk!" We had a good laugh over that one.









5 COMMENTS:

Marissa Kayann said...

How neat!!!! Me and my family went to a Celtic Highland game thing about 2 hours away from where we live. It was so much fun! A lot of scottish stuff : )

~Marissa

Qwip said...

Odd you should mention that Scottish jerk joke. When I first saw your post I thought you were saying "Scottish Dorks".

Emily Ann said...

I love y'alls cloaks!! I want one sooooo much! Your Dirks are really cool too!

Jare said...

You...have a...a...*gasps* Scottish...*grasps*...DIRK!!

*Wails* NO FAIR!

But that is extremely in the awesomeness category! Yay for you and you MUST let me see it and soon!

Anonymous said...

That's great! I'm glad for you both.