Monday, April 20, 2009

Travels

Bracie and I spent the last week in Colorado for a speech tournament, and I would like to share with you some pictures of the lovely CO scenery:


Here is the big blue horse that everyone hates that killed its sculptor:

The fair city of Colorado Springs is filled with artwork:


On a slightly more random note, here we have a picture of Ralph and Leisl from that wonderful
musical,The Sound of Music:


The following photograph is of... well, a bunch of people from WA.

An even "lovelier" piece of CO Springs artwork:

I believe that YOU, gentle readers, are up to the task of guessing which photo is an aerial view of WA, and which is CO.


7 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

#1 is Co, #2 is WA

Anonymous said...

We lived in Colorado Springs for 3 years! I don't remember a blue horse. Was it in Colorado Springs?

Anonymous said...

The horse is actually outside of the Denver airport, and I think it is relatively new.
Ophelia

Jare said...

That’s pretty easy to figurer.
Flat land = Colorado
Snow and mountains = Washington

=)
tell me if I'm wrong

-L

Bridget said...

Uh-oh... Do I detect someone subtly mocking the artwork? You're in big trouble now, missy! =]
~Bridget

Eleni said...

personally I think the pictures are the other way around as in "Purple mountain majesties" but they are above "Fruited plains". But I think the "flat" pic is of the farming fields in eastern WA. :)

Jacob R Parker said...

I started cracking up when it came to "On a slightly more random note, here we have a picture of Ralph and Leisl from that wonderful
musical,The Sound of Music..." That was hilarious.