Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Dadism #4

Did you know that if you learn something new every day of your life for 60 years, then you end up knowing (roughly) 800,000 somethings?

In my book, that's a pretty impressive number. So, this morning, I set out on a quest to learn something new, and I learned precisely what Kombucha was.

Full of my accomplishment, I eagerly asked my dear father when he came home, "Dad have you learned something today?"

His response?

"You know, I did learn something new today. But I already forgot it."

I was struck by the wisdom and profoundness in my Dad's simple statement, and have therefore now amended my resolution to read. "I will now learn and remember something new every day."

2 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

Haha, I love that!! =D

Anonymous said...

what does "Kombucha" mean?