Thursday, December 31, 2009

Time to say Goodbye!

As Christians, our lives are not ours. Our time is not ours. My time is not mine.

Lately, I have felt a call on my heart to devote the time that I spend blogging to God. That may mean volunteering or just studying the word, or praying, but I know that I am finished with blogger.
I would also encourage you to take a look at the time that you spend blogging, or looking at blogs and see if you can put it to better use.
So, as a set-in-iron resolution this year is to not blog. It is kind of an odd resolution, but I am going to stick to it.
New videos that Bracie and I make will be on Bracie's blog. The two posts below are some of my best videos and posts. I hope you enjoy them!

2 Corinthians 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

I have the time that I spend blogging. I can spend it 'abounding in good works' and by God's grace I will try it this year.

Remember everyone: April 22 is talk like Shakespeare day
December 8 is Act like a Time Traveler day
September 19th is Talk like a Pirate Day
December 5 is day of the ninja
August 8 is sneak some zucchinis on your neighbors porch.

Stay Weird!

17 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

((hugs)) We'll miss you! But I understand. God bless and may your year be healthy and happy!

Jare said...

wow, that's a surprise... (I hope QUILLT is not encluded!)

Haley said...

I'll miss your blog but I understand. Have a marvellous, non-blogging year!

Hannah said...

I'll miss reading your blog - I've loved it! I have to commend you for taking this step - and for following God's leading. It's a hard decision and I admire it a lot! I'll be praying for you as you're seeking Christ out more! :) Great verse, I love it.

Rachel Kimberly said...

If you feel that this is what God is calling you to do, I totally respect your decision. Blessings on your year!

Qwip said...

Nice resolution.

The Warrior said...

Awww... You will be missed!

Blessings,

Spencer

Click said...

Oh no! I'm really going to miss reading your blog, Ophelia.

At the same time, I completely support your decision. May God bless you - and may he make clear the ways he wants you to use the gifts of humour and writing that he has given you. Because you ARE gifted.

Thanks for all the wholesome laughs you've given me!

Skyla said...

Goooooooooood byyyyyyye!!!!!!!!!:(

Cjay said...

Your stand for God is inspiring and the way you have conducted yourself and your friends also has been very inspiring. I only frequent a few blogs, one of them is yours and that is because you are interesting and good natured, I believe God will richly bless you. Jeff

Nonexistant anymore said...

Good for you! From my recent 4 month abstinence from blogging (for the same reason), I know what a hard decision that is but it is such a good thing. May you have a blessed year of growing closer to God and your family!

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna miss you and your weirdness! Sniffs.
I pray that this works for you. =)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Victoria Rose said...

*sigh* I miss your posts, Ophelia. :(

Jare said...

Reluctant come back




jare-

Hanna said...

STAY WEIRD!!

Hannah Nicole said...

Miss you!