Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ophelia: "silent" sufferer


This a one-handed post, meaning every character you read on this page was typed with my right hand, because I am beset with tendinitis. The condition has drastically affected my speed: it has taken me roughly five minutes to get this far.
Mayhaps you have noticed my wrist wrap in the above photo. I feel compelled to admit that the wrap is more psychological than effective, as it is not highly supportive and I am inclined to over use my injured wrist.
However, is it really fair to say, "injured?" Do you actually injure your tendons with tendinitis, or do you merely abuse their capabilities? Or perhaps you injure your wrist by abusing your tendons capabilities. It injures my mind just thinking about it. If I really wanted to know, I could go ask Daddy...
But anyhow, Dad says I inflicted tendinitis on myself by straining the fingers from typing in weird positions. Isn't that boring? Now if I had tendinitis from holding on to the hand of a person falling off a cliff, or by too quickly pulling a child from under the hooves of a galloping horse, it would have appealed much more to my sensibilities.

I, knowing just how kind and caring my gentle readers are, have realized that you probably want to type me a nice, sympathetic comment. Yet I absolutely do not desire my readers to sustain such an ignoble injury as the one I now suffer from.

Being a highly intelligent blogger, I have come up with a solution that allows you to exercise your kind-caring-comment-writing skills and prevents tendinitis 100%! As follows:

Type all comments on this post with

A. your toes
B. your chin
C. your nose

13 COMMENTS:

Jare said...

re ti 0,lhyuc4dx fyh6gbun byn5vfg2sz bt...
(nose)

kit65gyi9;l[p/"
jnmdcfe5t
(chin)

vfgewsy6tuio8uuyjhn b 65348uiityop
(Toes) *as Jare looks at me with horror*

But you can't read that so i'm typing with one finger in honor of you.

i hope you will(can?) get better!

i'll tell kei to look here so she can give you lttle tips, she goes through this sometimes.

wow this does take a lot of time... i'm sorry

-one-finger-libby

Ivorydancer said...

iu aZmn szorefdy ZAbklhjntfrg kjhrf wrjiizxtfg.
(Chin... meaning:I am sorry about your wrist...) I wasn't 'adventurous' enough to try the other 'methods'.
-Hannah

Willis said...

rfytyhhuffdffg oiyurewdfvghnjmngbbbbbbbhjgffjh/
god bless you
and get ur hand better kay?

Sraa ahall

Cjay said...

Maybe you could make two little hammers and use them like drumsticks on the keys. See, there is more than one brilliant person in this world. for now I will stick with fingers. Have a great night and get over it.(just kidding, hope your hand gets better soon.)Jeff

Calico Zak said...

nope sorry my mom is ooh five feet away and would if she saw me doing something like that would *KILL* me

Qwip said...

I'm nose typing here. sad, too, since I can actually typ pretty fast with one hand myself. I thimk the nose is easiest out of the options yhou gave, though.

Willis said...

Get well sooinb, I tried al,,l of them.

Will

Heidi Chaffee said...

Hey I feel for you!!! Had that earlier except mine was from milking the cow too much. I was soo glad to be able to escape that chore!!!!! (insert evil laugh)sorry but this was typed the correct way. -Heidi

Your Mother said...

Ophelia, dear,

If you want sympathy, you can always come to your mother for a hug and let your poor readers give their extremeties a break.

I'm especially curious about Adam. Do you have a pointy nose? Here's my attempt at "Get Well Soon" with my shnoz:

gerwellsoon.

Wow! That went better than I thought! Adam, I take back any aspersions I may have inadvertantly cast on your nose.

Take care, dear Oph.

Love,
Your Mother

Corissa Tahtinen said...

wow...because my nose is so funny-shaped, it works!! hey! u canhold 'shft w/ ur tongue and do an exclamation point w/ ur nose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Willis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

i'm sorry about that n?phelia. thyat bsentencfe3 was nbwwithy bmy bno /se3.wow. The first sentence was actually with my nose, even though it doesn't look like it. I also did try my chin but you couldn't read it at all. And I didn't try with my toes. It would have been to weird.

Anonymous said...

in honor oof ylloolliu, opjhjeelika, iiii am typingb wiityh my nerlbow. poor, opoor bthing...