Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday's Idiom:

A Heath Robinson is a machine or any something with lots of unnecessary apparatus that really makes things more complicated than they have to be. Heath Robinson was not, in fact, a misguided inventor, he was a celebrated British cartoonist. But you probably knew that already.

The Pancake Maker

The Potato Peeler


I am definitely going to start using this idiom. Likely I will only be able to bring in out from my idiom repertoire on rare occasions, but I am determined to use it.

5 COMMENTS:

Willis said...

That is funny, love the last one. At the end of the first one. Equus Delirus out

Shawna said...

Clever :)

If you're interested, check my blog out at Shawna's Study Abroad: Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey

Jare said...

we tagged you

Skyla said...

I love it.

Anonymous said...

Did you delete your peanut butter jelly post?!